Rohan wood Powder i.e Rohitaka- Tecomella undulata is an Ayurvedic herb, used for the treatment of diabetes, jaundice, piles, intestinal worms, leucorrhea and indigestion.
Use of Rohitaka:
- To treat skin diseases, bath is taken with decoction prepared from the bark of Rohitaka.
- To treat leucorria, the paste prepared from the bark and root of Tecoma undulata is taken with honey in a dose of 3-5 g.
- The decoction prepared from the bark of the tree is taken in a dose of 40- 50 ml to treat diseases related to spleen like splenomegaly.
- The decoction of the heartwood of the tree is useful to control diabetes and jaundice.
- The powder of the bark of Rohitaka is given in a dose of 3 to 4 g to treat indigestion, lack of appetite and intestinal worms.
- Intake of cow urine or water impregnated with powder of rohitaka and haritaki alleviates all types of piles and splenomegaly.
- Dosage: Powder- 1 to 3 g Decoction- 50 to 100 ml